Sunday 12 October 2014

"waiting list": introducing Sophie Berdzenishvili




Sophie Berdzenishvili is a Georgian photographer living in Tbilisi.

In her photography, Sophie analyses the representation of the female body, and through the minimalist, striking and often surreal setting of her images, she captures social, cultural, political and religious entrapment of women, their identity, and their liberation

Her photography challenges and subverts stereotypical positioning of female models in art and reflects the universal feminist questions. 

Sophie creates her images as a dialogue with the society and with herself: “(...) photography is a therapy; it helps me get to know myself better. Everything I do is a self portrait, my photos are a reflection of my mood, emotions and the world I live in (...).”

You can see Sophie’s photos on her page and in her portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment