Thursday 19 February 2015

"standing still" - introducing Sergiy Lebedynskyy




 

 
Sergiy Lebedynskyy is a photographer and engineer living between Wolfsburg, Germany and Kharkiv, Ukraine. He is one of the co-founders of Shilo Group. In his work, Sergiy portrays his country “stuck between the soviet past and uncertain present”, from street images of Kharkiv, through political satire to documentation of Arabat's spa.


In “standing still” we’ll be presenting Sergiy’s images from Euromaidan, which were published last year by Riot Books in a book by him and Vlad Krasnoshchok. In Sergiy’s own words “I couldn’t give any other answer to the situation happening in Ukraine except for this one. The feeling that I was missing something very important, which I had since the beginning of the protests in Kiev, made me come and look at the Maidan with my own eyes” (...) “At Maidan I found what I was after hundreds of thousands Ukrainian people looking for the Dawn”.


 You can find Sergiy’s work here and on Shilo's page.

No comments:

Post a Comment